About the Journal
The approach of the Critical Studies in Texts and Programs of Human Sciences is to publish book review articles, critical theory, and curriculum. However, it is not the common sense of Book Reviews, but a review that is tailored to the publication in a scientific-research journal and respects the format, methodology, and content rules of such articles; therefore, articles submitted to obtain a suitable score for publication in this journal should include the following sections and specifications:
1. Introducing the book
It is desirable to make a useful and concise book introduction in scientific-research articles which includes the various form and content aspects of the book, in which case it can gain the necessary points. The lengthy introduction of the book in the scientific-research papers and dedicating a large portion of the article to it reduces the paper's rating.
2. Methodical review
In the methodical review section of the work, together with the cases and examples of methodical review, the following issues are mentioned:
- Addressing the theoretical and methodological framework of the reviewed work;
- Addressing the theoretical coherence and internal logic of the reviewed work;
- Addressing the theoretical and methodical contradictions of the text;
- Addressing the correspondence of methodology with the subject and its proposal.
3. Format review
In the format review section of the work, it is necessary to include the following items along with mentioning the items and examples:
- Addressing the accordance with general and writing rules;
- Addressing the format comprehensiveness of the work and the extent to which scientific tools are used (from content to index).
- Addressing the quality of the publication and the appearance of the reviewed work;
- Formally comparing the work with similar works.
4. Content review
In the content review section of the work, the following should be mentioned, together with the examples:
- Addressing the rational order and coherence of the reviewed work;
- Addressing the validity and adequacy of sources of the reviewed work;
- Addressing the accuracy of citations and references and the principles of citation;
- Addressing the review and scientific analysis of the reviewed work;
- Addressing the updated information and innovations of the reviewed work;
- Addressing the appropriateness and thematic and content comprehensiveness of the work with the educational and curriculum goals and needs, and approved chapters;
- Addressing the correspondence of the work with Islamic principles and attitudes.
5. Quantity and quality of resources
In scientific-research journals, it is crucial to utilize numerous as well as first-hand and up-to-date resources. Especially important is the reference to principle books as well as new articles in the intended field.
6. Rate of references and citations
In addition to utilizing appropriate resources, the method and rate of referencing the article are also important. Providing the proper citations below the reviewed cases will double the effectiveness of that review.
* For further information, please refer to the file "Guidelines for the Preparation and Editing of Articles of Critical Studies in Texts and Programs of Human Sciences" in the authors' guide section.
Keywords: Book Review/Book Critique, Critique of Theory, Critical Review, Critique of Curriculum, Critique of Course Titles ,Anthropology, Archaeology, History ,Psychology ,Methodology, Linguistics,Foeign Languages, Language and Arabic Literature, Language and Persian Literature, Social Sciences, Educational Sciences, Political Sciences, Islamic Jurisprudence and Law, Philosophy and Theology, Management, Art
Publisher: Institute For Humanities And Cultural Studies
Research Paper Indexed by Citefactor - Not Available