Journal of Oriental Studies (JOS) is a scholarly online, open access, peer-reviewed journal focusing on topical issues of oriental science.
JOS publishes scientific articles on the most relevant sections of history, politics, and social development of the countries of the East, religious and cultural aspects of existence and of transformation of the societies of the region, and modern methodological approaches, theoretical and practical achievements in the field of Oriental studies of the Humanities and social Sciences complex.
The journal publishes articles on the following thematic areas of oriental studies:
• Actual problems of history, politics, social development of Kazakhstan, countries of Asia and Africa;
• languages and literature of the peoples of Asia;
• religions and beliefs of the peoples of the East;
• geocultural spaces of the countries of the East;
• international relationships;
• religious and cultural aspects of the existence and transformation of societies;
• theoretical and practical achievements in the field of the social and humanitarian complex of oriental sciences.
Indexing: Kazakhstani Citation Base (KazBC), Russian Science Citation Index (РИНЦ), Directory of Open Journals (DOAJ), ICI Journals Master List, Index Copernicus.
Frequency: quarterly. Languages: Kazakh, Russian, English
Publisher: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. Published from 1992.
Keywords: orientalism; countries of Asia and Africa; religion of the East; culture of the East
Subject: Social Sciences
Publisher: AL-FARABI KAZAKH NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Research Paper Indexed by Citefactor - Not Available